BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector

Monday, November 16, 2015

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector


Hi Divas!

I hope you are doing well and had a great weekend. I want to share a very exciting product with you on the blog this week. Firstly I have to say that I love to shine. I am not much of a bronzer kind of girl. I adore highlighters and illuminators and I love to shine bright like a glittery unicorn. Becca is very well known amongst makeup lovers for their gorgeous highlighting powders. I would always watch Youtube Becca haul videos and dream about one day owning a Becca highlighter. Thus I was very excited when I finally got my hands on a Becca highlighting product after winning a competition on Life Retreat. The product that I have been using almost everyday is the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. This is a liquid illuminizer that contains light reflecting pearls which add a luminous glow and radiance to the face. It comes in five shimmering shades and I have the lightest shade in Pearl.




The Shimmering skin Perfector is described as a ''sheer liquid highlighter and moisturiser that veils skin in a soft pearlised glow''. This is an illuminizer and light moisturiser in one. The product contains an SPF OF 25 + and the consistency of the product actually feels like a light lotion on the skin. One pump is all you need to cover your whole face. A half a pump would be perfect to highlight the cheekbones and the bridge of the nose. What I love most about the product is that it is very versatile in application. You could wear this on it's own as a light moisturiser on your face. Or you could mix the highlighter into your moisturiser or foundation to give your face a natural glow. You could also place a few drops on the high points of your cheek and blend it out for a sheer glow. I prefer to mix it with my foundation for a luminous all over glow on my face. 


The product blends easily onto the skin and you definitely notice a difference when you use it. The skin is much more glowy and radiant like the J-Lo glow that we all want. The product contains no glittery chunks or traces of fake glitter. It is literally tiny specks of pearls that illuminate the face in the most natural way ever. I did notice that the product does not sink into the skin like a foundation. It sits on top of the skin and would be best if you set it with a highlighting powder or pressed powder so that the product does not move around. I usually set my face with powder anyway, as I am combination skin, so this extra step is not inconvenient for me. The illuminizer is definitely buildable. You can go for a subtle glow or pack the product on along with a highlighting powder and get your unicorn shine on!



The product is packaged in a 50 ml glass bottle with a silver pump and a sturdy bottle cap. The bottle feels quite light weight in my hand so it won't be bulky or heavy in my travel bag. A little really goes a long way with this highlighter so the product will last you for ages. The product has a slight sunscreen scent, but it is very subtle and nothing too overbearing. I think this is an excellent shimmering liquid highlighter as it is versatile and can be used in many different ways to highlight the face. It is also great value for money as the illuminizer will last a very long time in your makeup kit. If you love to glow and shine bright like a diamond then definitely give this product a try. For more info on where you can purchase Becca products in South Africa visit the Becca Facebook page here or their twitter page here.


Hope you found this review helpful!
Divalicious kisses. 
Xxxx

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. This looks so good! I love everything with sheer!
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have some of their highlighters (have to review), but this is on my wishlist! Looks so good Desle.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want all Becca products, this one sounds lovely too! The part about shining bright like a glittery unicon made me laugh so hard!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment:-)