Diva Nails 2017 (Valentines Nails, Water Marble and Acrylic)

Monday, February 20, 2017

Diva Nails 2017 (Valentine's Nails, Water Marble and Acrylic)



Hi Divas!

This week I want to share some of my nail art with you. I love doing my nails and getting creative with my manicures. A lot of my designs don't even make it to Instagram nevertheless this blog. I do all my nail art by trial and error. A lot of the times it's an error. Doing creative manicures as I said before takes a whole lot of patience and a steady hand. It can become frustrating if you trying something that looks perfect in your head but does not translate that well into reality. I want to share four manicures I did recently. I am always looking to try new things and challenging myself. I really want to get my grip on stamping designs. I have the plates and the stamper. I just need to get my hands on the right nail polish. If you have any suggestions please let me know below.




1. Christmas Nails:
Would you believe me if I told you that the nails in the photo on the top left is not even my real nails? I know, right? What a shocker! They look super natural but it is true, they are not my real nails. It was Christmas Eve, I just finished helping my mom with the cooking and I washed and styled my hair. I was dead tired and it was late. I have only used acrylic nails once in my life. I was too tired to stay up late and wait for my nail designs to dry. I decided to apply these acrylic nails which I bought from Clicks and add my own touch to them. Viola! Perfect Christmas Nails in like half and hour. I added the nail stickers and rhinestones for a festive theme. I even fooled my mom. She had no idea that they were not my own nails. I found a new love for acrylic nails that I never knew I had. Plus they last a really long time and are super convenient for when you need to have a manicure in minutes.

2. Valentine's Day 2017 Nails:
This manicure on the top right is definitely my own nails. I chose pink as my main base colour and stuck to black and a touch of silver to glam it up. The part that took the most time and patience was of cause the thumb and pinky finger. Getting two tones of polish on the nail without smudging takes precision. I added silver nail striping tape which I layered across each other twice to give it some extra bling. I will probably try this technique again sometime soon. I used a nail dotting tool to draw on the 'xo' and heart. I painted my nails with Etude House Play Nails in '#8'. For the black Polish I placed 'Black Forest' by Tip Top and for the accent glitter nail I painted it with Wet n Wild in 'I'm With The Band'.

3. Turquoise Stone Marble: 
This was one of the hardest techniques I tried doing. Everybody in every tutorial said this was so easy and a breeze to do. I think not! It took me like 5 attempts to get this right. I had to repaint my nails and remove it so many times that I ran out of cotton pads. LOL! In order for water marble nails to work you have to make sure that the temperature of the water you are using is lukewarm and that the nail polish you are using is not too old. So after my many attempts I finally got it right. I truly love the way it turned out. You need to paint your nails with a base colour and choose two to four colours and drop some in the water. Take a toothpick and draw a design in the bowl where the nail polish was dropped. Dip your finger into the polish and get a random marble design. It sounds easy but it is not. I will definitely do this technique again and try out new polishes. For this manicure I used Etude House Play Nails in '#70' as my base coat. For the water marble technique to create a stone marble look I used the gold shade 'Gold Digger' and for the black 'Black Forest' both by Tip Top.

4. Yellow Fun Nails: 
So this manicure was me free styling. I had no idea of what I was going to do. I just started painting may nails and going with the flow. This can sometimes be the best part of nail art. Having fun and exploring different options and designs. I like the way it turned out. It could have been a total disaster, but it came out great. For these types of looks I like to use nail polishes that I totally forgot about and haven't used in a long time. You know those polishes and rhinestones that were hidden deep in the back of a box or cupboard? For the base colour I used the yellow shade 'Let's Meet' by Sinful Colors. For the red heart I used the polish 'Red Rocks' by Essence.

*****

Let me know down below which manicure you like the best and if you tried any manicure techniques or designs recently. Thank you so much for reading.

Divalicious Kisses!
Xxxx








You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Wow these are so beautiful. You are very talented Desle. I can't choose a favourite. I love them all. I suck at nail art. LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet compliment Bianca. Xxx

      Delete
  2. I would never know the first set of nails wasn't yours Desle. They look just like yours. Very natural! My favorite is the stone marble design! You did a fabulous job, because they are gorgeous girl! I know I don't have the patience for this, but I am always amazed at the skills of others. You are really good! Keep it up!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kim. Yes nail art takes way too much patience but it surprisingly relaxes me. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Your nail art looks amazing! Lately I've been so lazy and barely even paint my nails. The marble nails are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I get lazy too sometimes. I really want to do the marble nails again.

      Delete
  4. I can't pick just one to love - I love all of them (I'm sitting with bare nails at the moment - eeck .. lol ) Have a lovely week Desle xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe, I sit with bare nails most of the time too. Thanks so much Lynette. xoxo

      Delete

Thank you for your comment:-)